Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009

As I'm writing this, you are sound asleep on my lap. I put you up to bed around 8:30 and although it is now almost midnight, you did not fall asleep until mere minutes ago. I had to make nearly twelve trips up the steps to tell you to "get in bed, put the hamster away, no books!, STAY IN BED!, stop screaming, get out of the baby doll crib, GET BACK IN BED!" You take hours to get settled at nighttime - not sure why?! Finally, you crept down the creaky stairs asking if you could sleep in my bed. After I carefully explained (twice!) that you needed to get back in bed and I would bring you in bed with me when I came up, you just looked at me and said, "I love you, mom." I smiled and said, it's time to get back in bed! You smiled and asked if I could carry you up.

I've lost the battle yet again.

I set my book down on the chair next to me and pulled you up onto my lap. In a matter of seconds, you put your thumb in your mouth, caressed your lovey, and snuggled right into your spot in my arms. I'm amazed at how well your little body folds into mine. I am not a big fan of snuggling...I usually feel claustrophobic and overheated, but with you, I can hold you tight in my arms all night long. We just fit together. My favorite thing is when you climb into my bed at night (yes, you climb in EVERY night around 3 a.m.) and say, "Can I way on your bewwey?" I'm here to say that my belly is yours, my Molly, indefinitely!
I've been meaning to write a post this week for your book. Every time I get the chance to come to the computer, I sit and stare at your picture and wonder just where to begin. You are doing such amazing things and I want to capture them all. I want you to know how my whole body melts when you smile, how your indistinguishable words are always clear as a bell to me, how I just love your stubbornness and feisty attitude. You can be an angel who wants to make others feel so happy one minute, then change and be Molly the meanie - where no one should ever attempt to cross you. You are already so complex and special! And you are only 2!
You are wearing underwear all day (diapers only at night!) and every time you go potty, you say you need "privavee"! You love to take baths, you can count till I ask you to stop! You know all the words to songs on the radio and you love to sing! You have a very silly and goofy side to you where you like to squeal with delight and say funny things. You are a very picky eater - you love bananas, apples, cheese, eggs, sausage, and butter bread! You rarely eat at mealtimes - you prefer to munch all day. You are still just a tiny peanut and I love that you fold up so nicely in my arms. You love to dress up and play with your hamsters. You adore your sister, but can also stand alone and try to boss her around if it is something you feel passionate about. You love Word World, Mickey Mouse Club House, Dora, and Diego. You prefer to be the one to turn the t.v. off, the lights off, shut the refrigerator, feed the dog. You don't like other people doing your thing!
As you can see, I have many things to say about you! I'm going to have to hold off until another night, though. You are snuggling me so closely right now and I am tired. I think it's time we head to bed. Just know that when you hold me at night, you wrap your arms around my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment