Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011


Good golly miss Molly! I wanted to document something I heard today from you.

Today at preschool, a lady came to visit to talk with the children about Stranger Danger and Good Touches/Bad Touches. Although I had wanted to be there for the discussion, I was called into work, so I couldn't go. But you can bet that we talked when I got home! You did a great job of retaining some info and sharing what you talked about at school today. It was not a sex ed class, and you did not hear anything that I deemed inappropriate. I think that the more you hear about safety and how to handle situations, the better!
That being said, I decided to test you a bit. I gave a few sample situations to see what you would do. First, I said, "What if a lady you don't know comes to school and tells you that your Mommy wanted her to pick you up?" You quickly said that you would say, "No." Step one: Pass!
Next, I said, "What if you were playing outside in the front yard and someone drives up to you and says they know where Mister is? If they say, 'Get in the car and I'll show you!' Molly, what would you do?"


Here is where you got a big smile and said, "SURE!" Step two: FAIL!

This just gave us another opportunity to discuss what to do and how she should ALWAYS come and get Mommy or Daddy before going anywhere.


Gotta admit, I'm glad she is repeating preschool again next year...maybe she'll retain more the second time around!

P.S. I don't blame her for wanting to jump at the chance to get her dog back!

3 comments: